Moving to London will be one of the most exciting experiences of your life, but there will be some challenges along the way. The good news is, we can help with almost all of them! Hit the ground running with our London Arrival Service, and get the essentials you need to start working and living in London in one pack, without any hassle or hurdles.
The Arrival Service is recommended to anyone moving to the UK for a working holiday. You'll need everything that's included to starting working and living in the UK and we'll have it all ready for your arrival.
- UK Bank Account
- National Insurance Number Assistance
- UK SIM Card
- Free International Money Transfer
- Pub Crawls, Walking Tours, Social Events and Tours
How Does This Pack Work?
This package is specifically designed for individuals looking to arrive in the UK and only need the basics. In other words, individuals who already have work and accommodation sorted.
It is important to remember the regulations have changed and as of June 2015 the documentation you'll need to open a bank account has become much more strict. In the past most banks let foreigners from Commonwealth countries open a bank account by simply proving they held a valid work visa and an address, which was verbally given. This is no longer the case at the majority of UK banks.
This package is your work around. Our applications for bank accounts are dealt with on a case by case basis, allowing us to service individuals with uncommon circumstances.
In a nutshell this package is designed to resolve the nitty-gritty details that tend to hold you back.
TIP: if you have just begun your research you might need some information on how to get a room in a shared house, or a job that starts straight away! Have a quick look at our Jumpstart London program™.
Pre-Arrival Phone Call From Our London Team
We know getting yourself organised for a working holiday can sometimes seem daunting. As the time draws near for you to depart there's nothing better than a courtesy call from overseas... knowing that someone is checking to make sure all your ducks are in a row. If you've opted for your arrival pack and you have other plans for work and accommodation, we're still here to give you as much advice as possible. We want to make sure that you make the right choices when you arrive.
The pre-departure call also gives you the opportunity to meet your account manager in London, who will be there for you every step of the way, making sure all of your services are delivered smoothly and quickly.
Heathrow Airport Door-To-Door Options
Hopping across time zones can wreak havoc on your internal clock and all the things it powers, from sleep cycles to daytime alertness. Jet lag causes insomnia, fatigue, disorientation, loss of concentration and drive, headaches and a general feeling of malaise. There are a number of ways to combat these problems. If you’re a regular overseas traveller, you’ve probably got the routine down pat. But if you’re a first timer, or if you haven’t travelled in a while, let us give you some pointers that'll make your airport arrival less "Friday the 13th" and more "Happy Monday"!
Know your the location of your destination by distance from the airport, and time to travel, very clearly! Take a photo of the map on your phone.
If you've chosen your first rest location outside of London, then we recommend the Heathow Express into London Paddington. Book a cheap hotel / B&B. Rest! Continue your trip the next day. Your are already at the right station.
- Heathrow Connect operates between Heathrow Airport Terminals 1,2 and 3, and Paddington via five stations in West London. This service takes 25 minutes and operates every 30 minutes. Passengers travelling to Terminal 5 should use the free inter-terminal service. Oyster cards and travel cards can be used on most of the routes, but are not valid between Hayes and Harlington and Heathrow. £6.00 to £10.00 wil get you home.
- Heathrow Airport
- Hayes & Harlington
- West Ealing
- Ealing Broadway
- London Paddington
- The Piccadilly Line connects all Heathrow terminals with frequent services to London. There are three stations at Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, one for Terminals 1, 2 & 3 which is located between the terminals, one for Terminal 4 and the newly opened Terminal 5, both situated in the basements of the terminal buildings. The journey to central London takes about 50 minutes and services run between 05:00 and 23:40.
- You are able to use your Oyster card for the underground or you can buy an all day Travelcard for unlimited travel on the tube all day. Buying a Travelcard is suitable for commuters who are planning on using the tube and the train, as the tickets can be bought together. Visit mytrainticket.co.uk to find out more about how travelcards work and how much they cost.
- Need a Taxi? The journey time to Central London is approximately 45-60 minutes and should cost between £45 and £70. Getting a taxi can take the hassle out of your journey. Choose a taxi that suits you and your passengers – from executive travel to minibus and coach taxis. You can just sit back and relax, knowing you will be at the airport soon.
- However, you could get a better price by booking your transfer in advance. Find a taxi company on our Heathrow Airport Taxis and Transfers page. Alternatively, follow the signs from each terminal for taxi ranks.
And if you want no transfer at all, just let us know and we'd be more than happy to book a taxi for you.
- Know your the location of your destination by distance from the airport, and time to travel, very clearly! Take a photo of the map on your phone.
UK Bank Account Guaranteed
About Your UK Bank Account
Did you know that opening a British bank account can seem next to impossible when you first arrive in the UK? And as they say, every day without a bank account is another day without pay. The amount and types of identification required to open a bank account have increased since June 2015. If you are just about to arrive, or have just arrived in the UK, chances are you won't have the necessary documents you need, such as lease agreements or utility bills. We will get this sorted for you in your first week. Our specialist products have been designed for foreign nationals looking to start work quickly in the UK.
- We will apply for your bank account online
- We will arrange an appointment at the bank for you, where you can provide the necessary ID documents
What if you are not going to London?
- We will provide you with a pay-as-you-go account until you have sorted a fixed home address. This account will be suitable to receive payments from your employer and make online payments.
- As soon as you have received your National Insurance Number documentation you will be able to visit your local bank to open a high street account with your NI Documentation.
Did You Know...
- You cannot open a bank account if you are residing semi-permanently in a hostel while looking for a residential address
- You cannot open a bank account if you're staying with friends and there are more than ten people registered as permanent residents at that address
- You cannot open a bank account if your residential address is marked as a commercial property – for example, a pub or a hotel
- By using our services, we will ensure that no matter what situation you're in, living or work wise, a bank account will be guaranteed.
Fee Free Money Transfer
Sending money to the UK?
Right then, let’s get down to the nitty gritty here. No messing about. We can save you a load of money if you’re working abroad and need to send money to the UK, or for whatever reason you might need to transfer money, really. Want to know how we do it? It’s all very simple – we take a smaller margin than the banks and give you a better exchange rate.
We can offer regular transfer plans and contracts that let you fix an exchange rate in advance, so you always know what you're going to get. Or, there are simple spot contracts that let you transfer money to the UK at the best rate on the day. There’s a lot going on, but we’ll talk you through it and make sure you find the right option.
Our customer service is pretty amazing, if we do say so ourselves. You'll get your own dedicated contact and every call is picked up within three rings... Every one! And our online system makes it easy to make transactions at any time of the day or night.
When you want to send money to the UK, you’ll find World First is just your cup of tea. Get started today – we can’t wait to welcome you!
National Insurance Number
What is a National Insurance Number?
Your UK National Insurance number is a unique personal identification number allocated to you, that is used to identify you to HM Revenue & Customs and the Department of Work and Pensions. It ensures the Government correctly records any contributions you are entitled to, or must pay to the government. Your National Insurance contributions go towards the UK social security and the state pension system. Everyone who works in any capacity in the UK will need to register for a National Insurance Number.
We will ensure that you get your number set up as quickly as possible so that you are not charged an emergency tax of 35% on your wages. Normal tax rate is 22%, of which 2% is NI contibutions.
Arrival Info Parties & City Walking Tours
Free Pub Crawl!
What better way to celebrate your arrival to the UK, and the start of your amazing adventure, than with a few drinks before heading out on the town to sample the local pub scene? Great people, great music and outrageous good times.
- Meets every day between 19:30 and 21:30 – the original alternative London pub crawl
- The Camden Pub Crawl takes you off the tourist trail to the best bars, clubs and live music venues in London
- You'll jump the queues, get free shots, free entry and drink discounts, saving you loads of money (Camden Pub Crawl t-shirts available on the night)
- More importantly, you'll get to meet and party with a whole lot of people
- Highlights of the pub crawl include Proud (a 200-year-old horse hospital turned into a club, with stables fitted out as drinking booths, complete with stripper poles), the Blues Kitchen and Barfly (two of London’s best-loved live music venues), Soundtracks on a Saturday (the best tunes from the best movies ever) and...
- On Fridays, we'll take you out to London's top mega-club, KOKO (it's built inside an old theatre, complete with opera boxes and the biggest mirror ball in Europe)
And in case you're not feeling up to a night out, we also offer a free walking tour through the city. It starts every day in Green Park at 11:00 and 15:00
Our free walking tour is the perfect introduction to London history, and the area is often referred to as “Royal London”. In addition to all the famous attractions such as Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and Changing of the Guard, you’ll also discover little-known streets, hear anecdotes and stories, and get a feel for the great sweep of London's history, from Roman times right up to present day – a story like no other! The tour takes about two hours.
UK Tax Return Assistance - Claim The Price Of Package Back
The average UK tax rebate for PAYE workers is £963
Are you a UK PAYE worker?
If you're a UK PAYE (pay-as-you-earn) worker, such as a receptionist, nurse or teacher, your employer will deduct tax from your earnings. Many people actually overpay tax and need to file a UK tax return in order to claim a rebate. You may be due to claim UK tax back if:
- You incurred work-related expenses
- You didn’t work a full tax year
- You were made redundant
- You were on an emergency tax code
To apply for a UK tax rebate you will need either your P45 or P60 and details of any work-related expenses. One-in-three people in the UK are due tax refunds, so apply today or use our free UK tax calculator for an instant refund estimation.
We have gotten UK tax back for thousands of people this year, so get your free tax rebate calculation and let us do the rest.
Or, are you a backpacker working in the UK?
While you were/are in the UK, if you worked or are working for a UK employer (full time or part time) and this employment did/does not last for an entire UK tax year (6 April to 5 April), you've probably had too much tax deducted from your wages.
A few examples of when you could be entitled to a UK tax refund are:
- You arrived in the UK part-way through a UK tax year and you leave before the end of that tax year – e.g. you arrived in the UK on 1 May 2015 and left on 31 December 2015
- You have or had more than one job in the same UK tax year
- You were made redundant
- You were already present in the UK at the start of a tax year and you left the UK before the end of that tax year
- Your employer(s) have operated an incorrect PAYE code against your employment income.
Construction Workers' Tax Returns
We provide tax refunds for people working in the construction industry in the UK. Depending on the type of work you're doing, you may be classified either as PAYE or self-employed.
We provide tax refund services for both and have a specialist division for people who are part of the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS). Our construction worker tax service looks at any work-related expenses that you may be able to claim back, including the following:
- Accountancy fees
Any expenses that you claim back must be only connected to your business and not be for personal use. We can also help in the event that you were made redundant. Average CIS refunds are £1453, so apply today.
Make An Enquiry & Contact Us