The Rimrock Resort Hotel is a AAA / CAA Four Diamond Hotel located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and Banff National Park. The Rimrock Resort Hotel offers exceptional views of the Canadian Rockies, fine dining, a luxury spa, along with special accommodation packages to suit your vacation needs. With unmatched style, decor and superb hospitality, the Rimrock Resort Hotel is a very special place to visit for a truly remarkable experience. Enjoy the Canadian Rockies in Rimrock style. You will see the difference!
Season: Summer – May/June, Winter – November/December
Province: Banff, Alberta
Accommodation: Staff accommodation provided
Min Age: 19
Jobs: Central Reservation Agents, Front Desk Agent, Hotel Bellman, Bar Attendant, Housekeeping and Banquet Server
The Rimrock Resort Hotel is located on Sulphur Mountain in Banff National Park, a five minute drive from the Banff town site. They are 1.5 hours west of Calgary International Airport (approx 90 miles / 145 kilometres). Direct or one-stop flights connect here to most major North American, Asian and European centers. Coach service to Banff and car rentals are available at the Calgary International Airport.
Go here for our Canada Work And Play Support Packs
Positive attitudes, exceptional customer service skills and a huge amount of teamwork is really what makes the Rimrock a hotel like no other.
The Rimrock prides itself on welcoming each new employee into the team and helping them develop skills and knowledge that will allow them to develop their careers. It is their mandate to promote from within to allow employees the opportunity to advance. “We have many team members who started with us right out of school who are now in management positions here at the Rimrock, as well as throughout Canada and the World.”
Applicants need to be at least 19 years of age. While all roles receive training, some positions require previous experience. Considering that the Rimrock is a luxury resort, they must maintain certain standards, and so, have very high expectation of all team members.
They have very conservative grooming standards which do not allow for any visible tattoos, body piercings, unnatural hair tones, excessive makeup, jewellery or perfumes. Men must have a conservative hairstyle above the shirt collar with nothing shorter than a #2 blade. Sideburns must be groomed and no earrings are permitted. Women are permitted one pair of earrings to be worn on the earlobes only
- Guest Services
- Banquet Servers
- Range of F&B roles
- Reservations Agent
Competition for front-of-house roles is extremely high and preference will be given to those with previous experience.
Living on-site at the Rimrock offers many perks, including the convenience of being only minutes away from work, the uniform issue office, staff cafeteria, gym and pool. The staff accommodation also provides you with the opportunity to meet other employees from all over the world who may work in your home department, or other departments of the hotel. Also, these benefits come at the low cost of $10 a day (which works out to $152.08 deducted off of each pay cheque).
Each level of staff accommodation has a common lounge area which includes a cable TV, couches, tables, laundry facilities (washer and dryer, coin operated at $2 a load for washing and $2 a load for drying, you must bring your detergent), and a kitchenette with stove, oven, fridge, toaster and microwave. Staff accommodation is security monitored for safety reasons and also to maintain a quiet, respectful environment for all employees. Regular room-checks are conducted to ensure that health and safety procedures are being followed.
Each room has space for three people. The majority of rooms only have two occupants, however. In each room, there are three single beds, three armoires (these contain a top portion to hang your clothes, as well as three drawers in the bottom portion; the top portion has a latch that you can lock for valuable items, but you must bring your lock), three shelves, a small table with chairs, a shelving unit, large windows, a large shared closet, mini fridge, television with cable, waste baskets, food cupboards and a shared bathroom. The bathroom has a stand-up shower, three large shelves, a sink, toilet and large mirror. Furniture is not to be rearranged.
Things that are provided to you:
- One set of sheets, pillowcase, comforter and pillow
- Clothes hangers
- Two bath towels and one face cloth
- Toilet paper and sample shampoo / conditioner available from the Staff Accommodation Office
- Rooms do not have wireless Internet or hooked-up Internet. You must arrange for your Internet set-up which can be done through the local internet provider, Shaw. You can set up your wireless Internet in your room at your cost (typically around $40 a month).
Along with the potential for career advancement, the Rimrock offers many other employee incentives.
- Staff Activities – We want you to experience Banff to its fullest, so we offer monthly, seasonal activities from hiking to shopping to skiing – our goal is to keep our team members entertained and informed
- Complimentary Bus Pass – Rimrock Employees have access to the Town’s Public Transportation system free of charge
- Spa & Fitness Facility – Employee use of the gym is the privilege based with unrestricted access. A monthly fee of $31.50 applies & employee discounts is also available for Spa treatments
- Complimentary Meal – Each employee receives one complimentary meal per day
- Friends & Family Rate – Each employee, is eligible to receive a discounted rate for a Standard category guest room for visiting friends and family
- Food & Beverage Discounts – Employees receive discounts in all of our outlets based on their length of service
- Health Care & Benefits – You are eligible to join our extended benefits plan after one year of employment. We will assist you in applying for Alberta Health Care – if you are a permanent resident, this provincial health care is free
- Training & Development – many training opportunities are available both internal and external – we also have an educational reimbursement program to assist our employees in furthering their education
- Uniforms – We provide uniforms and take care of laundering them
- Other Incentives – Additionally, we organize several large staff gatherings each year to express appreciation for the hard work and excellent service that our team provides. We also recognize our employee of the month and outstanding leadership at a monthly employee reception and pay special recognition to service anniversaries for those employees who choose to build their career with the Rimrock