Season: Late November through April
Province: British Columbia
Jobs: Retail Associates, Ticket Agents, F+B Attendants, Photo Experts, Lift Attendants, Line Cooks
Interview Locations: Australia
With six stunning mountain ranges and the sweep of the Bow Valley before you, views from the Sulphur Mountain summit are nothing short of breathtaking. And there’s much more to discover in a state-of-the-art building that will heighten your senses at every turn.
Why not start with a walk along the Sulphur Mountain Boardwalk to learn more about Canada’s first national park? Or perhaps go indoors to sample from three delicious restaurant menus. Then get hands-on in our world-class interpretive centre and theatre. And no matter where you go, our knowledgeable, friendly hosts are standing by to make sure you get the most out of your visit.
Soar 698m (2,292 feet) on an 8-minute journey to the summit of Sulphur Mountain. Glide over the treetops and arrive at a jaw-dropping mountaintop experience.
Due to its proximity to the city, staff accommodation is not required by those who work at Grouse Mountain Resort. Grouse Mountain is located just across the bridge from downtown Vancouver, a 15-minute drive or a 30-minute bus ride, and housing options first in, first serve in North Vancouver and Vancouver.
A Vancouver orientation sheet will be supplied to you to assist you in locating potential housing options for the duration of your employment and other essential need . You may also choose to wait and meet your new colleagues and find a place together, this may give you more options as to the type of accommodation you are looking to secure.
There are many hostels in the city, and you can extend your stay in the Sameson Hostel if you wish until you find a suitable place or other roomies. Grouse Mountain and TWHC will provide as many resources as possible. Do your research before you arrive so you know the pricing and availability on the types of accommodation you are looking at.
All staff members are extended a wide range of perks that include, but are not limited to:
- Complimentary seasons pass
- Complimentary seasons pass for your dependant family members (ie spouse/common-law partner and children) for full-time year-round staff or full-time seasonal staff after four consecutive winters or summers
- Complimentary recreational opportunities such as skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice skating, hiking and access to seasonal activities such as the Lumberjack Show, Birds in Motion, scenic chairlift rides and more
- A Grouse Mountain employee passport to use for a complimentary zipline tour, a tour of the Eye of the Wind, dining discounts and more
- 40% discount on food items in The Observatory, Altitudes Bistro, Lupins Café, The Grouse Grind™ Coffee Bar, The Rusty Rail BBQ (does not apply to alcohol)
- 40% discount on Starbucks food and beverage items, 20% discount on merchandise (Grouse Mountain Starbucks location only)
- Complimentary coffee and tea while on shift when using your reusable cup – a $1.00 fee is charged without a cup that goes to fund sustainability projects on the mountain
- Complimentary hot chocolate in the chalet and in staff rooms
- Complimentary fountain drinks in Altitudes Bistro and Lupins while on shift.
- 20% discount off regular priced merchandise in the retail stores Outfitters, the Spirit Gallery and Essentials
- 40% discount for ski, board, skate and snowshoe rentals
- $125 staff price for Tandem Paragliding (regular is $229)
- Access to the inter-mountain ski day exchange (Mountain Interchange) program
- Participation in our organised sports and events such as Seek the Peak and the Grouse Grind Mountain Run
- 15% off Yyoga Memberships – check out yyoga.ca
- Complimentary Whistler Water through our Waterperks program provided in all staff rooms
- Discounts from our corporate sponsors