- Great for: Beach lovers, Brighton night life, day trips to London, cycling and walking
- Season: February – November
- Number Of Staff: 110
- Accommodation Style: Staff are accommodated in shared, en-suite rooms
An impressive Grade II listed mansion house, set on 21 acres in the Sussex Downs, close to Hastings, our resort has a huge range of on-site facilities, with several small lakes and an indoor sports hall. You could be spending warm, summer afternoons relaxing on the side of the outdoor pool, and the evenings enjoying the bright lights of London or Brighton.
Abseiling, Archery, Ball Sports, BMX, Canoeing, Challenge Course, Climbing, Giant Swing, Problem Solving, Jacob’s Ladder, Orienteering, Raft Building, Rifle Shooting, Sensory Trail, Trapeze, Tunnel Trail, Zip-Line, Hiking
Day trips to London and Canterbury, half-day trips to Hastings and Brighton
- Only 1.5 hours from Central London on the train, or 30 minutes from Brighton, Windmill Hill is perfectly situated for taking advantage of what the South of England has to offer!
- If you want to stay closer to home, then Hailsham Town Centre is four miles away, with pubs, restaurants, a cinema and leisure centre.
- Essentials like the local pub, Post Office and bus stop are only a five-minute walk from the resort
- Herstmonceux Castle, the Science Centre and Observatory are also within a five-minute walk from the centre. If you fancy ‘monkeying around’ then Drusilla’s Zoo is only nine miles away. Gold, horse riding and swimming are all available close by.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to the long term committed employees, such as…
- AIGL Team Leader
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Centre Operations Manager
- Chief Instructor
- Chief Instructor
- Finance and Retail Manager
- General Manager
- Grounds Technician
- Guest Care Manager
- Head Chef
- Housekeeping Manager
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- HR Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Team Leader
- Paddlesports Instructor
- Programme Coordinator
When you are offered a position to work in one of our adventure resorts, you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is usually in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the actual benefits of living on the site go far beyond this. They’re a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
Staff Accommodation cost: Free
Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent during the hot summer months.
Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- Large indoor sports hall and heated outdoor pool Indoor Sports Hall And Heated Outdoor Pool
- On-site ‘Newt and Badger’ bar, and ‘The Loft’ disco area
- Staff room with TV and DVD player and tea and coffee making facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms