Living & Working At Our Normandy Adventure Resort
Surrounded by unspoilt French countryside and the River Varrene, this is the perfect spot to explore Northern France. Nestled in the heart of the rural Pays de Loire region, this resort is The Working Holiday Club’s™ specialist French language centre. While at work, and on your days off, you’ll have the best of both worlds – experiencing French heritage and culture on a daily basis, alongside throwing yourself into The Working Holiday Club’s™ more traditional activities like abseiling and raft building.
- Great For: Exploring Normandy and Brittany, and enjoying France (less than two hours away)
- Season: February – October
- Number Of Guests: 250 (8-18 years old, schools and families)
- Number Of Staff: 30
- Accommodation Style: The majority of staff accommodation is in the twin rooms within the Chateau, with shared shower and bathroom facilities
- Abseiling, Archery, Bushcraft, Climbing, Challenge course, Fencing, Initiative exercises, Low ropes course, Open Canoeing, Orienteering, Raft building, Rifles, Team games, Trapeze, Team Challenge programme, Zip-Line
- Bayeux Tapestry, D-Day Landing Beaches, Mont St Michel Abbey, Roman Remains, Chateau de Caen, St Malo, Local markets
- Located in the heart of the rural Pays de Loire region, our Adventure Resort is just outside the beautiful village of Ambrières-les-Vallées.
- There are plenty of different ways to enjoy France on your days off, as the centre is only a 15-minute drive to the country town of Mayenne, 45 minutes to historic Fougères or Laval, the main town of the Mayenne region.
- Throughout the summer months, you can also enjoy using the public outdoor swimming pool, horse riding and mini-golf in Ambrières. For the more energetic you can hire equipment or have sailing or windsurfing lessons.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- AIGL Team Leader
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Centre Operations Manager
- Chief Instructor
- Chief Instructor
- Finance and Retail Manager
- General Manager
- Grounds Technician
- Guest Care Manager
- Head Chef
- Housekeeping Manager
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- HR Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Team Leader
- Paddlesports Instructor
- Programme Coordinator
When you are offered a position to work in one of our Adventure Resorts you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks.
For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is normally in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the true benefits of living on site go far beyond this. There’s a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
- Staff Accommodation cost: Free
- Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent duing the hot summer months.
- Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
- Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- On-site bar with games
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
- Various sports activities
- Non-smoking and smoking staff areas
- Staff room with TV, fridge, tea and coffee making facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Activity bases set on 36 acres of wooded grounds
- Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
- Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
- Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
- Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms