Living & Working At Our North Devon Adventure Resort
Our Adventure Resort in beautiful North Devon might be one of our smaller centres but what is lacks in size, it certainly doesn’t lack in atmosphere. With its laid back feel it is no surprise that the centre is based a short drive from some of the UK’s best surfing beaches including Westward Ho!
At our North Devon Resort you really get to make the most out of the great outdoors as not only are you in close proximity to the sea but you are also surrounded by woodland and fields. The famous Tarka Trail runs right through the centre providing a unique way of reaching nearby towns including Torrington.
Great for: Surfers, beach lovers, cycling, watersports and living near the coast
Season: February – October
Number of guests: 156 (aged 7-17, Schools and Unaccompanied children)
Number of staff: 35-45
Accommodation style: In shared rooms in the 17th Century country house or staff accommodation blocks. During the peak summer weeks some staff may stay in single tents.
Onsite: Abseiling, Aeroball, Archery, Bushcraft, Challenge Course, Climbing Wall, Fencing, High Level Ropes Course, Initiative Exercises, Motorsports, Mountain Biking, Orienteering,Rifle Shooting, Sensory Trail, Survivor, Trapeze, Wave Boarding, Zip Wire
Offsite: Blow Karting (land-based speed sailing), Body Boarding, Coastal Walk, Speed Sailing, Stunt Kites, Surfing
Set in 20 acres of woodland and playing fields and is approximately 5 miles from the picturesque water front town of Bideford which boasts some of the best pubs, music and restaurants in north Devon. Even closer, is the welcoming town of Torrington, set in the midst of rolling, unspoilt green countryside 2 miles down the Tarka Trail from our North Devon Adventure Resort.
A little bit further afield is Barnstaple with enough to do to keep you busy on your days off. Finally how could you live in Devon without visiting the beach? Westward Ho! Beach, just a short drive from the North Devon Resort, attracts suffers from miles around.
As part of The Working Holiday Club™ pre-departure job offer program, we are able to offer the following positions:
- Activity Instructors
- Chef of all levels
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Retail Assistant & Bar
Other jobs at our resorts are usually offered to long term committed employees, such as…
- Activity Instructor/Group Leader
- Assistant Chef
- Catering Assistant
- Catering Manager
- Catering Team Leader
- Centre Operations Manager
- Centre Support Assistant
- Chief Instructor
- Finance Administrator
- General Manager
- Head Chef
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- HR Administrator
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Team Leader
- Maintenance Technician
- Non Residential Housekeeping Assistant
- Paddlesports Instructor
- Programme Coordinator
- Retail Assistant
- Retail Team Leader
When you are offered a position to work in one of our Adventure Resorts you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right… you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday!
Living and working on site certainly has its perks. For starters, there’s no need to get up too early as the commute to work is normally in the region of 30 seconds to five minutes. However, the true benefits of living on site go far beyond this.
There are a real community spirit and a fantastic sense of camaraderie amongst the staff team. Living onsite gives you the opportunity to socialise with your work colleagues and enjoy the centre’s facilities.
- Staff Accommodation cost: Free
- Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as a shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or could be a shared large frame tent during the hot summer months.
- Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV and a small kitchenette for tea and toast
- Food: You will receive three free meals per day
- Use of the swimming pool (available to limited properties)
- On-site bar and large shop
- Dry ski-slope and purpose-built lake
- Free Wi-Fi in communal areas
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Sports barn and activity barn with indoor climbing wall
- Football pitch and playing fields
- The Crazy Moose and Mini Moose on-site bars
- Laundry facilities
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
- Day trips
- Use of all the adventure facilities
- Weekends & free time
Make the most of your free time by exploring your local area or heading off to soak up the sites in popular tourist spots such as Bath, London and Cornwall! Camp staff may also use the activity equipment in their spare time when it is not being used by guests. This can mean surfing, sailing and biking. Take time to hang out with other camp staff at the camp bar and practice your karaoke. The majority of the staff accommodation is in shared rooms with either an en-suite or shared bathroom.
- Wages: All Staff with no or limited previous experience will join our Apprenticeship Foundation Programme and receive £138.60 per week in the UK, and £101.15 overseas
- Accommodation: All staff will receive on-site accommodation free of cost, inclusive of all bills, so there is no need to worry about Council Tax or utilities
- Meals: All staff will receive all meals free of charge
- Uniform: All staff will receive free uniforms