FESTIVAL EVENTS CREWING
Working holidays to the United Kingdom
There’s a good reason London stands as the premier city destination for Working Holidays. The thriving metropolis is full of rich culture and hopping nightlife with bars, live music, festivals, cafes, restaurants, shopping centres, parks and sporting events to your endless desire. Located only a few hours by flight or train from Paris, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Berlin, and many more wondrous destinations; your doorstep turns into your next Europe adventure.
No other program will offer you the flexibility to come and go as often as you please and always return to a base with guaranteed work and accommodation in London. Explore your own backyard too with our Instructor Positions at Adventure Resorts throughout England, Scotland, Wales, Spain and France.
LIVE EVENTS CREW – LABOURING
- Start Dates: All year round
- Hourly rate: £10-15 per hour (including holiday pay) for London. £8.50 – £14.00 (including holiday pay) for the Regions.
- Accommodation: Off-site accommodation starting from £85 per week, all bills included
- Uniforms: Uniform supplied on Induction with a small amount deducted from first pay check. Steel caps not provided.
- Shifts: Monday – Sunday
- Length: 4 -14 hours per shift
- Job Offer: A few weeks after booking one of our programs
- Interview Style: Skype
Mid Dec – Mid Jan, Mid-March – Mid April, August
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Work as a skilled/unskilled labourer in the production of live events in London e.g. Stage/screens, festivals, major sporting events etc.
- Load and unloading trucks, lifting and shifting
- Rigging/de-rigging sound, lights and AV equipment
- Building and dismantling stages and scenery
- Laying temporary flooring and seating
- Working in various venues across London
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- None! but we do need someone who is:
- Friendly and personable
- A team player
- Physically fit
- Project a professional manner
- Have a smile and a can-do attitude
- Be prepared to work irregular hours
- Good communication skills
WHAT SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCREASE YOUR HOURLY RATE?
- Scissor lift licence
- Cherry picker licence
- Electrical Qualifications
WHAT TRAINING WILL YOU RECEIVE?
All our crew have a full day’s induction before they go out on site, covering Manual Handling as well as Health and Safety Regulations. Whilst you complete your probationary period, you will be mentored by one of our Crew Chiefs, so you don’t have to worry about going out on your own/knowing everything before you begin. Once you have passed your Probation and have been promoted to General crew, there are then other options open to you regarding training. We run skills courses internally and externally, ranging from show calling, follow spot operating to driving forklifts, rigging, as well as first aid and health & safety.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING WITH?
- Film & Television Companies
- Major Festivals
- Opera Companies
- Event Production Companies
- And Many Many More…
WHAT KIND OF HOURS CAN YOU EXPECT?
Due to the nature of the work there are crew working somewhere every hour of every day. You must be flexible, it is truly a 24/7, 365 days a year business. We have a very robust Health & Safety policy ensuring that hours are evenly spread so you will have sufficient rest time.
WHY IS THIS A GOOD OPTION FOR YOUR WORKING HOLIDAY?
- Get to work the hours you want
- Get a job offer before you leave your home country
- The job remains yours for the length of your working visa
- You can travel at any time and come back to your job
- You are working with other travellers
- You can book shifts for when you are getting back from travelling, ensuring that you are never without an income
- Work less days, earn top wages and travel more