WORK WESTIN , WHISTLER CANADA
- Season: Late November through April
- Province: British Columbia
- Accommodation: Yes
- Min age: 19
- Jobs: Lift operations, tube park, various food & beverage, rentals, retail, finance, ski school sales, guest services, tickets
Interview Locations: Australia, NZ, Sweden, Denmark & London
Whistler Blackcomb, located in British Columbia, Canada, in the Pacific Ranges, is one of the largest and most well-known resorts on the globe. It is consistently ranked in the top 5 overall mountains in the world. With its simply incredible amount of terrain, monstrous terrain parks and huge nightlife,
Whistler is one of the most popular resorts in the world at which to work a season.
Whistler is about an hour and a half drive north of Vancouver and a 45-minute drive from the town of Squamish. It is accessible by road, rail, air, or the Greyhound bus.
Mountain and town vibe
Whistler is one of the liveliest and coolest resort villages in Canada, with a huge array of events and festivals which take place over winter. The pedestrian-only village provides a small-town vibe but the huge number of festivals, events, restaurants and bars combined with endless outdoor activities make whistler one of the most energetic resorts in Canada.
Staff come from all over the world to work at Whistler. In addition to Canadians, there are always plenty of Australians, new Zealanders, British and a few Europeans
Snowfall and Season Dates
- The season runs from the end of November to end of April.
- Average snowfall is 462 inches (38.5 ft) / 11.74 metres per year.
- Whistler is closer to the coast and lower in altitude than other major resorts in British Columbia which are further inland, and as a result, the snow is a little heavier than other BC mountains.
- The snow conditions can vary significantly between the bottom and top elevation, as is to be expected when the vertical between top and bottom is over a mile. But when the powder drops, you can imagine how epic Whistler is with all that terrain to explore.
Four Seasons Resort Whistler has on-site and off-site staff housing available for the winter season:
- Onsite $450.00 CDN per month
- Offsite: $550.00 CDN per month
- Damage Deposit and first-month rent must be paid upon moving in
- Damage DepositL $200.00 CDN – $275.00 CDN
Onsite Staff Accommodation Includes:
- Laundry facilities
- Bedding (linen, pillows, blankets)
- TV/DVD and local telephone
- Shared fully equipped kitchen
- Snowboard/Ski storage
- Dining area
- Communal areas for all residents
- Shared phone for incoming & outgoing calls
- Employee Meals
- Uniforms and uniform care provided
- Lockers, modern change room facilities and showers
- Special Four Seasons rates worldwide
- Spa treatment and product offer